Okay, so here is something.
Sometimes, the only times that we remember that someone is there for us, is when nobody is there for us. Getting an answered prayer from God at a time when all my friends have deserted me is a sign that God is still there for me. God is the silent guy who truly and deeply loves us. We need to decide to love him too. We need to decide to show interest. We need to make sure that we do not love God simply because of the blessings that he offers to us, or his help during times of need, but we need to pay attention to him and love him because he loves us.
Here are some interesting ways to show love to God
- Be interested in knowing about him: through the word of God, you can know a lot about the spiritual world, past events, and God’s rules. However, take particular interest in God, and seek to know his character.
- Talk to God: talk to God in prayer, and tell him exactly how you feel. Be honest about your struggles, and tell him where you need help. Also, tell him that you are on a journey to truly loving him, and ask him to show you how to love him.
- Listen to God: God speaks. You need to learn to listen to him. You can find information on some ways to hear from God here How to build a relationship with God
- Be happy with God: be happy in the presence of the father. Smile a lot when you hear his name. Play gospel music, dance, and show appreciation.
- Obey God: try your best to do the things that God has asked us to do, and pray for the strength to do so from God himself.
- Tell others about God: testify to his holy name, and testify to his goodness. He will smile knowing that you have good things to say about him, and that you care.